Shout out to the hubs!

I read my weekly emails keeping me up to date with the pregnancy since it's been 6 years since I've experienced this....and quite frankly things are completely different this time around. But I'll admit, last night's first can totally be my last....I hope I never have that experience ever again.
This week's email mentioned that I might start to feel light-headed from standing up too fast, especially after sitting for long periods of time. I work at a desk and I have to drive 25 miles to and from home every day...so I sit a lot. And I've been getting light headed for a little bit....but not ever to the point of alarm. Until last night.
Normal day, normal everything. I get home last night and the second I step foot out of my car everything starts spinning. I get E out, and start to unload the car, but have to stop and call the Officer to come home. I just felt dizzy, but felt there was a possibility I could pass out and I didn't want to leave E just waiting for the Officer to get home. I came inside, sat down, and a few seconds later had to head to the bathroom...and that's where I stayed. I have never puked so much in my life. TMI, I know. I couldn't even open my eyes because the room was spinning so much.
So the Officer came home and asked what I wanted to do...as always I instructed him to call my sister. My first thought was, I'm pregnant and my email just said this was a possibility, so I'm sure it's nothing and I don't want to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Well, my sister didn't answer so the Officer called his EMT friend in town. EMT said to go ahead and take me in because the flu had been going around and since I was 34 weeks it was a good idea to have the hospital check on baby too. So, we called some good friends that were kind enough to take E for the evening.
Anyone who knows me knows I HATE LEAVING E...so that was hard in itself. But I trust our friends and knew E would be well taken care of while I was getting fixed.
The Officer went ahead and got E ready for bed so they didn't have to worry about it, and I laid on the couch until E got picked up. Then the Officer asked if I could stand up to walk or if I wanted him to carry me...I get motion sickness fairly easily so I knew that being carried was NOT an option....any movement that wasn't my own was going to make me puke and I knew it. So I sat up, puked, and once I could stand we got in the truck and left. That ended up being the longest ride EVER. BUT I didn't throw up until I had to move again once we got to the ER. Tiny victory!
So we go in and get sent to the OB floor immediately...and this entire time I still can't open up my eyes because yes, the room was STILL spinning.
Anyway, jump to the end...everything was fine...baby is fine. No real answer as to why I felt like I'd ridden the Tilt A Whirl a hundred times in a row. I have NEVER felt that kind of motion sickness/dizziness. I've always had a little vertigo to deal with....but THAT was insane and I hope I never ever ever ever ever have to feel that way again. It was scary and totally sucked.
I told the Officer that my old boss had once mentioned that no one should ever get married until they've seen each other through the flu. No I didn't have the flu, but that's as close as I want to be to getting it. And bless my sweet hubby's heart, he had to give up his weekend bachelor party with one of his best friends so that E and I are well taken care of. I have never felt so blessed to have found someone that will wrap their arm around my waist so I can walk without complaining or getting grossed out that there's puke on my shirt. He handled this situation like a pro and all I can say is E and I are extremely lucky to have him.
I honestly can say I don't know what I would do without him....and after last night, I hope I never find out.

No comments :

Post a Comment