8.17.2011

HUGS*

Just like many of my friends, I'm having a difficult time dealing with the passing of a friend. At 29, Katie was beautiful, professional, incredibly sweet, and full of energy and life. When people talk about how wonderful she was they're not lying. This girl was always positive, always smiling, and always made you feel important. Disbelief, shock, and numbness is how I've felt the last few days.

I've thought a lot, sometimes too much, about friends, family, work, everything really...life can change in an instant, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. In my moments of searching for clarity I've been overwhelmed with emotion, sometimes it's irritation because I feel people are being petty and selfish, sometimes I feel alone because I'm not best friends with someone anymore, and other times I feel so blessed with what I have. No one knows what tomorrow will bring. I want to live my life more like Katie lived hers and if I teach Little E anything I want it to be this.

"Be one who nurtures and who builds. Be one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart, who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them. If we could look into each others hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently"
- Marvin J. Ashton

Hug your sweethearts a little tighter today, tell people you love them, and let go of things that don't matter.

No comments :

Post a Comment