6.14.2012

I've always loved Courtney Cox

I've been reading about Courtney and David's split....my guilty pleasure = celebrity gossip...and I'm amazed when couples can be mature about splits, especially when it involves children. And part of my heart sinks because I know that the split with my ex could've been so much easier had different choices been made. Now, of course, I'm not pleading innocence at all...but I have to remember that this split wasn't my idea...it was his...and although I agree now that it was the best thing for everyone, I still don't agree with the way he handled things. From going out and partying, to bringing a third person into the picture before anything was settled, to choosing everything in the world over our son...I struggle every day with the thought that I spent so much time and energy on someone that has zero respect for me or our child, which by default makes me have no respect for him. His choices don't bother him, his family, or his friends, and that's still extremely painful...to think that something that was once so sacred means absolutely nothing. Courtney once said about David, "He's my favorite person in the world. He's my best friend. No matter what happens in our future, he's my very best friend." I only wish I could say the same about my ex. But, what's done is done...and there's no going back and changing anything....that's all there is to it. Sad, but true.

No comments :

Post a Comment